Adjust brightness in Control Center
You can adjust brightness in Control Center.
- Swipe down from the top-right corner of your display.
- Drag the brightness bar up or down to adjust the brightness.
Adjust brightness and colour temperature in Settings
- Go to Settings > Display & Brightness.
- Drag the slider to the right or left to adjust the brightness.
True Tone uses advanced sensors to adjust the colour and intensity of your display to match the ambient light so that images appear more natural.
If you turn off True Tone, the display keeps colour and intensity constant, regardless of changes in the ambient light.
Switch off auto-brightness
iOS devices use an ambient light sensor to adjust brightness levels based on the light conditions around you. The sensor lowers brightness in dark locations and raises brightness in light locations.
You can turn auto-brightness on or off as follows:
1. Go to Settings > Accessibility > Display & Text Size.
To reset the auto-brightness settings, turn off auto-brightness and then turn it back on.