In order to achieve the most accurate result possible from your hearing screener, you will need to carry out the following steps before every appointment. These checks are to ensure you achieve the most precise reading possible so you can provide the best advice and guidance for your patients.
Initially, you need to ensure your headphones are connected to your Tympa and that the headphones contain enough power to conduct the hearing screener appointment.
Step 1: Turn on your Sennheiser EPOS headphones and check the battery level. Make sure you have at least 10% power. This is the minimum required power level to carry out one hearing screener appointment.
- - To check the battery level, from the home screen swipe all the way to the left to reveal the battery dials. It will indicate how much battery your headphones have remaining.
- - For a full description of the functions of each button on the headphones see their manual.
Step 2: Please ensure you turn your headphones on BEFORE launching the TympaHealth app. This makes it easier to pair the two devices and ensures you have an uninterrupted session.
Step 3: ensure the volume for both the headphones and the Tympa are set to maximum. If this isn’t the case your Tympa will not allow you to begin the hearing screening.
Step 4: after completing the hearing screener always ensure you turn off your headphones to conserve battery.
Follow these steps before beginning each hearing screener appointment. This will ensure you obtain the most accurate and reliable results possible.
Other points to be aware of:
- 1) Conduct your hearing screener in a quiet, calm environment.
- 2) Avoid connecting your headphones to any other device.
- 3) Whenever possible, ensure you are connected to WiFi.
- 4) Ensure you are up to date with the latest version of the Tympa app.
- 5) Always upload all your patient images and videos after each day in clinic – do not let them build up within the memory of the device
- 6) Charge your headphones every night to ensure you have enough battery